HOSTEL ADMINISTRATION& RULES & REGULATIONS
The following officers/staff constitute the Hostel administration:
- Deputy Warden
- Mess Manager
- Student Hostel and Mess Committee
The Warden is the senior faculty of the institute who looks after the day-to-day functioning of the hostel and mess.
Deputy Warden will assist the Warden on day-to-day hostel management.
Each mess is administered by the Mess Manager along with the Student Mess Committee members.
The students can approach any of the above officers for help, guidance and grievance
- Hostel accommodation is available to a student, who is a bonafide student of the college. Any student who is removed from the Rolls of college will automatically cease to be a member of the hostel.
- Admission to college is not a right for admission into the hostels.
- Students must vacate the hostel at the end of the academic year.
- Fresh admission is to be sought for the next academic year and will be allotted based on the feedback obtained from the respective deputy warden about the student’s conduct in the hostel during his/her stay
- Students who have serious discipline issues against them may not be considered for hostel accommodation during subsequent academic year
- He/she may be permitted to stay on request, if he/she is doing any course work / project work / Institute work / Hostel work. The request must be submitted to the Warden through Co-ordinator, who may approve it based on merit.
ALLOTMENT OF ROOMS
- At the time of admission of a student into the hostel and at the beginning of every year, each resident is required to submit a duly completed Hostel Admission Form. Any change of address / telephone number of the parent / local guardian, at any point of time, has to be intimated to the hostel office
- The failed students have no eligibility to occupy the rooms in the Hostel for the completion of the failed subjects.
- Students after registration should report to the warden who will allot rooms in alphabetical order
- The hostel administration will generally provide for each occupant one cot, table, chair and book rack. On arrival a student will report to the deputy warden and will take possession of the room after signing the inventory of the furniture, electrical and other items
- Room once allotted to a student for an academic year will not be changed, except on special situations with the permission of warden
- The Hostel administration, in case of shortage of rooms, can allot more than the normal capacity
- If the Hostel administration finds that any hostel resident is not eligible for hostel accommodation and is residing in the hostel without due permission from the warden, suitable disciplinary action will be initiated against such illegal occupants
- Before vacating the rooms, the electrical installations and furniture should be handed over intact to the Deputy Warden
- The student should fill up the Clearance Form and submit to the Deputy Warden, who will inspect the room for being clean before signing it and submitting to the warden.
- Hostels are well equipped with modern cooking and dining amenities. Student’s canteen is available.
- Also provided reprography facility at the campus to cater the needs of printing (black and white and colour) and xeroxing.
- Newspaper and Television with DTH facilities is also available in boys and girls.
- 24/7 Wi-Fi facility is provided to the students.
- Transport for medical emergencies is available in all the hostels including night time at free of cost
- 24/7 hot water facility is provided to both boys and girls hostel
- Safe drinking water to the students are ensured using water doctors
CODE OF CONDUCT
- All residents are required to maintain standards of attire, manners and behaviour expected of students of a prestigious institution of national repute
- They are expected to behave courteously and fairly with every one inside and outside the campus
- All residents are required to always carry their valid Identity Cards issued to them by the college and produce it whenever demanded
The rooms, common areas and surroundings of the hostel should be kept clean and notices shall not be pasted on walls and walls shall not be defaced.
- Rooms are allotted to each student on his/her personal responsibility. He/she should see to the upkeep of his/her room and hostel premises
- Students should bring to the notice of the Deputy Warden by making entries into the maintenance register of any pending maintenance work (Civil, Carpentry, Electrical, and Sanitation) to be carried out in rooms, corridors, toilets or other areas in hostel premises.
- Students should co-operate in carrying out maintenance work and vacate their rooms completely when the hostel administration requires the rooms for this purpose. On such occasions, the management will try to provide alternate room
- The resident of a room is responsible for any damage to the property in the room during his / her occupancy of that room and will be required to replace/repair at their own cost
- In case of damage to or loss of hostel property the cost will be recovered from the students who are responsible for such damage or loss, if identified, or from all the students of the wing/hostel are liable
- The resident shall not move any furniture from its proper allotted place and also not damage them during their stay
- Ragging of students admitted to the college is totally banned. Any violation of this by the senior students will be dealt with very severely as per the college norms and guidelines issued from time to time by the competent authorities.
- Freshers should report incidents of ragging. Those who do not do so even when being witnesses or victims, will be considered to be part of this practice, and will also be punished accordingly.
- In the hostel premises following are strictly prohibited –
- Consumption of alcoholic drinks
- Consumption of drugs of any form
- Entering into college / hostel premises intoxicated
- Intimidation or violence
- Willful damage to property
- Shouting and using abusive language
- Room services are strictly prohibited. However, for students who are sick, food may be served in room after taking permission from Deputy Warden
- Residents should not participate in any anti-national, anti-social or undesirable activity in or outside the campus /
- The use of electrical appliances such as immersion heaters, electric stove / heaters are not allowed in the rooms. Such appliances, if found will be confiscated and a fine will also be paid by the student
- The uses of audio systems which may cause inconvenience to other occupants are not allowed in the hostels. The students should not view objectionable videos.
- When the students go out of their room they should switch off all the electrical / electronic appliances
- In case, any student has to stay out of hostel for a day or more for any reason, he has to inform the warden and take his permission through proper channel
- Senior students of boys’ hostels must make entry in the in-out register available with security guard, if they leave or enter into the hostel after 6.00 pm
- First year boy students must take permission from the Deputy Warden for going out of the campus for any reason and must submit the out-pass to the security guards at the hostel
- All residents of girls’ hostels must be back in the hostel by 6.00 PM. If a girl student needs to stay out of the hostel after 6.00 pm due to any reason, she has to apply for and take prior written permission from the Warden through proper channel
- The students are not allowed to be in the hostel during class hours unless permitted by the Warden after informing the Co-ordinator of the year
- Birthday celebrations are not permitted inside the hostel. However, it may be allowed in specified locations after getting permission from the Warden and giving an undertaking that they will celebrate peacefully and without littering the premises
- Residents shall not play outdoor games inside their rooms or in areas around the hostels
- Residents proceeding on leave on any working day must submit an application form duly approved by the Head of the Institution
- First year girl students will be allowed to go home during holidays, only if they are accompanied by their parents or local guardians
GUESTS AND VISITORS
- Parents/guests are allowed to visit a student in the visitors’ room in the hostel between 8.30 a.m. to 6.30 p.m. on holidays and Sundays.
- No Parent/ guests are allowed to meet student’s in the hostel premises
- Violation of any of the above rules regarding stay in the hostels will lead to disciplinary action including expulsion from the hostel
- Any student who is found to be indulging in undesirable activities such as ragging, physical assault, damage to property, causing inconvenience to other inmates, playing inside the hostel premises, non-compliance of any of the conduct rules, or violation of any other rule defined in this manual will be liable to the following punishments-
- Suspended / Expelled from the hostel
- A record of his / her misconduct will be made in his personal file which may also reflect in the conduct
- The cost of damage will be fully recovered from him/her
- He/she will also be fined commensurate with the offense
- No recommendations will be given to him/her for higher studies
- Availing room service or taking food or mess utensils to the room will attract disciplinary action
- Any student found to having used any or in possession of narcotic substance including Tobacco products, Alcohol, Drugs and the like, will be proceeded legally under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act (NDPS Act) and will also be expelled from the hostel
- Any breach of the conduct rules or any act of indiscipline will invite an enquiry that will be conducted by the Enquiry Committee appointed by the Principal. The Hostel Administration will implement the recommendation of the Enquiry Committee. Depending on the seriousness of the case, the administration reserves the right to take direct disciplinary action, amounting to even expulsion at short notice from the hostel
RESPONSIBILITIES OF RESIDENTS
- General damage to the hostel building and property will be the collective responsibility of all the residents and the cost will be recovered from them.
- Residents should not indulge in practices / activities, which may endanger their own personal safety as well as that of others
- Residents will be personally responsible for the safety of their belongings. They are advised to keep under lock all valuable items such as Laptop, Mobile Phone, and lock the room even when they are out for a short period.
- Residents are duty bound to report to the Warden / Deputy Warden / Institute authorities in case they notice any unwanted incident or undesirable activity going on in the hostel or in the campus.
- Students should not arrange any functions or meeting within the hostel or outside or within the campus without specific permission of the Head of the Institution.
- Residents are required to keep the rooms and common areas clean and healthy
- Any case of theft should be reported promptly to the warden/ Deputy Warden. They should not try to deal the matter themselves. Whoever tries to deal it themselves and thereby creating trouble will also face disciplinary action
- Residents are required to be in their respective rooms during the roll call from 07.30 pm onwards every day
- Residents are required to maintain silence after 10.00 pm.
- If students create law and order problems outside the campus, they are answerable to the police on their own and should not involve the college name. In such cases, they will also be answerable to Hostel/College administration as per the college norms and appropriate action will be initiated against the concerned
- Residents should comply with routine announced room check and surprise check that may be required to be conducted from time to time
- Residents should not keep any poison materials or unwanted materials in the room
- All the inmates of a hostel will compulsorily become a permanent member
- Each hostel mess (Boys and Girls Mess) will have a mess committee consisting of one representative from each of the hostel and one overall student representative to be nominated by the Head of the College
- The mess committee will prepare the semester menu in advance in coordination with warden and display it on the notice board
- The mess committee will monitor the quality and quantity of the food being served and ensure that the menu prepared in advance is followed by the caterer
- The mess committee will ensure cleanliness of the dining area and create awareness among the diners the importance of maintaining decorum, not wasting food, etiquettes and saving
- The monthly mess bill will be prepared by the hostel office, taking into consideration the number of days for which reduction is sought (n-4 rule will be followed).
- The refund of excess mess amount will be calculated on a yearly basis and the refunds will be credited into the resident’s bank account directly.
- No student can claim mess reduction unless he/ she had intimated his / her absence in advance by applying for mess reduction in the prescribed form
HOSTEL ADMISSION/ RE-ADMISSION PROCESS
- A letter of correspondence and SMS to parents informing about the details of hostel admission will be sent at least 15 days before the admission
- Those students on whom disciplinary action has been taken will be asked to bring their parents to meet the concerned authorities and based on which the decision to allot them room or not will be decided
- The students and parents will be briefed about the rules and regulations and should sign an undertaking upon agreeing to abide by those rules and regulations
- Allotment of rooms will be done upon producing the fee receipt and submitting the filled-in Hostel Admission